Let It Snow - John Green, Lauren Myracle & Maureen Johnson

07 August 2014


Pages: 352 pages
Edition: Hardcover
Language: Dutch
Publisher: Speak
Source: Library
Started: 11th of July, 2014
Finished: 22nd of July, 2014

ADD TO GOODREADS BUY AT TBD
Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks. Thanks to three of today’s bestselling teen authors—John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle—the magic of the holidays shines on these hilarious and charming interconnected tales of love, romance, and breathtaking kisses.

MY THOUGHTS

I probably should've read this book around Christmas, or at least in the winter, but whatever, I read it when it was 36 degrees celsius outside and I don't care. I had hoped it would cool me down a little when reading about snowstorms and snow and cold weather. (Spoiler: It didn't). I can't handle the heat too well. The only thing I need is cold water and that will cool me down. Besides that, I'll most likely reside inside and definitely won't be in the sun, unless there is a swimming pool.

Let It Snow was a book I found at the library as well and I had really wanted to read this one sometime and I found it and I thought, hey why just not take it with me. It's here now. So I started reading this one, and I enjoyed it. But I think I had higher expectations somehow.

First story was my Maureen Johnson, it was called: The Jubilee Express. The main character was actually called Jubilee, however she was usually called Julie. She was in some difficult situation out there. She was on her way to her grandparents and the train gets stuck in the snow. There is a waffle house where she meets a guy. There are obviously problems: she has a boyfriend and he is heartbroken. Jubilee's story was really entertaining and probably my favorite out of all three.

The second story is by John Green. It was called: A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle. John Green's stories are usually awesome, and I obviously enjoyed this one as well, although Maureen Johnson's story was my utter favorite. In this story three friends have some problems getting to the waffle house, they want to go there because of some cheerleaders that were in the same train as Jubilee. The story was goofy, but really nicely done. The overlapping of the stories were neatly done yes.

The last story was the one by Lauren Myracle, it was called: The Patron Saint of Pigs. I didn't extremely enjoy that one. The main character Addie was interesting and it was about Pigs, but I didn't exactly enjoy the story line. Her friends were a bit odd and it just didn't pull me through. The storyline was nicely overlapped and that was the only part that I thought was good, but it wasn't my favorite out of the three.

Overall it was a really fun book that you should definitely read during christmas time, but if you please, go read it in the summer, because that works too. I did that.

1 comment:

  1. There's no winter here in Singapore but that doesn't matter! I still read Christmas books and they make me really really happy :) Read Dash and Lily's Book of Dares last summer and LOVED it, can't wait to pick this one up!!

    Alicia @ Summer Next Top Story

    ReplyDelete